My Healthy Hair Regimen

Sorry all, I have been on a very long hiatcus ( Uni, work, life...) But I am BACK! Here is my hair regimen for 2016,  Notice somethings have not been changed from my old hair regimen. [LINK]

1. Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Shampoo £1.49 -£2

Guys, I am still looking for a (cheap) sulfate free shampoo, but apart from that I like this shampoo. Its one of the best sulfate shampoo, I have tried thus far.

2. Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Conditioner £1.49 -£2

Love, love this condition!  This has a good slip and great for a super quick detangle in the shower ( the knots melts away!) And smells great too. Gets the job done!

3. Manuka Honey + Tea tree oil + Jojoba oil = Deep Treatment

I have been using this for a year now, and I have noticed more strength and shine in my hair. Strength, in terms of it being hard for my hair to snap! I mostly use a combination of tea tree oil and jojoba oil.  While placing a plastic bag after application-to generate heat- for an hour.

4 Water

So I wanted to try out distilled water this year, But I could not do that due to the cost! But water has played a big role in adding moisture and strength to my hair. Because I have low porosity hair, I only use warm water, to keep my cuticles opened to get more moisture. NO MORE cold water rinse. Water is also my L- liquid in my LCO method.

5. African Pride Shea Butter Miracle Moisture Intense Leave-In-Condition

This is one of my holy grail hair products. Not only is it light and great for my low porosity hair, it smells great and keeps my hair super soft and shiny. THis acts as my C- Conditioner in my LCO method.

6. Design Essentials Coconut and Monoi Deep Moisture Oil Treatment 

This is now MY PRODUCT OF THE YEAR! It has a thick consistency and states that it contains argan oil, sunflower, coconut oil and vitamin E oil, while having the scent that I love. I use it as a sealant as my Oil in my LCO method.  When used with my Leave in conditioner, my twist outs and Bantu knots (which I hardly do!) come out great. My hair looks and feels nourished and healthy!



1&2 are always going to change! Since I am trying not to use anything with coconut oil in it.  As I think coconut oil makes my scalp go crazy with flakes :( . But it is great for my hair!

What really matters to me (at this moment) is that my hair is deep conditioned from the scalp to the tips  Using my deep condition mixture- the honey doesn't mix well with the oils- so I use the Oil to massage my scalp first. I use either the inverse method (leaning forward/backward on my pack) or just the normal way. Both doing a circular motion. Then use the whole mixture from my scalp to tip.

0 Comments