My Healthy Hair Regimen 2015



So this year, I went on the quest to make both my hair and skin regimen more natural. I think I have created the best regimen so far, that has left my hair hydrated* and nourished.
*If I doesn't follow up 2 with a hot oils treatment or just oil (3 or 6), my hair will be dry.


First off in 4 sections/ 7 section (when my scalp feels sore),  I massage my scalp under the shower, can of doing the water only method, here I am trying to get my sebum to my ends and all through my hair, but I used-

1. Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo (Sulfate free) £11.85- £12.99


Only apply it on my scalp (not on my hair), a little at a time until my scalp feels clean.  I love the scent!! 


2.  Tresemmé naturals conditioner with aloe vera and avocado oil £4.30-£5


If you know me, you know I will never spend more that £10 on a conditioner that is not meant to be a leave in.
This is the best silicone free conditioner that I have tried so far, However looking at the ingredient list, I am quite worried about the 7th to the last ingredient-DMDM hydantoin. As according to EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetic database, this has a risk of irritating your skin, eyes and lungs. Read More . And when I checked other naturals' review like NaturalMe4c, she was concerned about that too. 
So based on this, I will never use it as a leave in conditioner, I am only using it as a conditioner to aid in detangling my hair, which really helps. 


3. Honey/Manuka honey/Coconut Oil/Olive Oil- Deep treatments £1-£40


There is so much I can choose from, to deep condition my hair. But I love doing a hot oil treatment with either coconut oil or olive oil  because it is easier and straight to the point, 
Using honey is tricky, as you do not want to use too much-it can make your hair sticky. So I use 1 table spoon for my whole hair and I never apply it directly on my scalp (I'm just paranoid). 
Sometimes I do the hot oil treatment on my scalp and hair;and both the honey and oil treatment on my ends; Place a plastic cap/plastic bag (sadly these now cost 5p ) and a beanie to generate heat for an hour. Most of the time I go under the hooded dryer to speed up the process. 

Manuka honey is so expensive but so worth it. Since I have started using it for 6 months now- my hair strands feel stronger and do not snip off easily. I use a UMF of  15+ as it is active. 
[If you are allergic to bees, do not use it] 


4. Water -Freeeeee..apart from distilled water.


My hair loves WATER!!... now I use tap water aka hard water at the moment. but I will strongly recommend distilled water, if you can,  It is not my top priority at the moment. (maybe in the future).


5 African Pride Shea Butter Miracle Moisture Intense Leave- In Conditioner (*breath*) £3.49


This is the first leave in conditioner, that makes me happy when I look at the ingredient list.
Take a moment and appreciate the first few natural ingredients
It is a very light leave in which acts as my cream in the LCO method. I love it because it does not weight my hair down and make my hair soft. 


6. Argan Oil  £14.99


Started from the bottom... yo! This is expensive. But it is AMAZING and worth it!! If you have the money go for it!! I love the fact that the smell is not too strong like coconut or olive oil. And it acts as a heat protector. However if you are allergic to nuts, I will advice you not to use it.


So after Shampooing, conditioning, deep conditioning and doing the LCO method (Liquid=H2O, C= Cream/leave in Conditioner, O=Oil), my hair is soo soft and moisturized and ready to style! 


Duration

I am very relaxed when I am doing my hair, 
Shampooing + Conditioning +Detangling = 36 mins 
Deep conditioning = 1 hour or 30 mins 
LCO and style
- Flat twist= 1h30mins- lasts longer 
- Quick updos=20 mins - 40 mins
- Bantu knots= 20 mins- 30 mins 


Average total for me = 4 hours (due to procrastination and taking time) Can take me less time.
 I do this every 2 weeks.

0 Comments